Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Not looking down

I'm finding the thought of a new year quite scary at the moment.  The thought of change makes my anxiety levels go through the roof.  I'm trying hard to be positive and brave and all that sort of thing.  But mostly I find myself burying my head in the sand and hoping it will all go away somehow.  So while I quietly get a grip of myself, I have a post with far too many pictures from winter wanderings.  I do so love having the boys home from school.  How nice it would be if it could always be like this.


























There's been a path through the woods, muddy at times, but so much fun.  A tall tower with a long winding stone staircase.  A little claustrophobia on the way, but the views were so very worthwhile.  Another tower overlooking the wildfowl and wetlands place.  A rare duck had come to visit.  She's taken up residence in a pen with lots of captive ducks (she's the dark one, a ferruginous duck).  It's nice to have an easy life in a safe place, with food delivered daily.  But it's even better if you're free to fly away should you choose.

There's been hot chocolate and reading in the chill winter air while children play.  More skating.  And a bridge to cross.  The drop is so steep down to the road below we could hardly bear to look down while we crossed.  We had to take a deep breath or two.  But on the way back it was easier somehow.  We got used to it a bit I think.

Tomorrow is the last day of freedom before school starts again and life gallops on straight into the future.  I'm going to be concentrating on not thinking about the scary bits.  A day of fun is what required.  Wishing you all a good week.  CJ xx

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar