Sunday, April 30th, 2017
4.23 p.m. I am listening to The Dubliners while sitting in the back yard. When they moved in Brother-in-law set up a sound-system outside.
My sister-in-law and I are reading. Gregg walked over to watch a game at the local baseball field. There is some kind of tournament. It is a nostalgia thing for him. Not only does he enjoy baseball but he often tells me stories of when he and his brother spent their growing up years playing at their local sand lot.
My sister-in-law and I are reading. Gregg walked over to watch a game at the local baseball field. There is some kind of tournament. It is a nostalgia thing for him. Not only does he enjoy baseball but he often tells me stories of when he and his brother spent their growing up years playing at their local sand lot.
Today we went to a farmer's market. We also had brunch at a restaurant on the same street. The road is closed off to regular traffic. The restaurant was so popular, we had to wait an hour to get seated. The time flew by as we explored all the different stalls. I really love a good street market.
That big dome is a pizza oven.

Gregg found his beef jerky.
A musician was selling CD's.
We enjoyed its relaxing and melodic tone, and bought his CD.
He enjoyed it too.

Another little darling enjoying the music.
I have never tried raw milk before.

Here's Gregg's sister buying cherries. We enjoyed tasting them that evening. You can see by those empty baskets that they were selling fast.
She stopped by the flower stall also.

If we hadn't have been going to the restaurant, I may have stopped by here.

Or here.

There were also other restaurants trying to entise people inside.

With so much to see, it seemed like no time at all before our table was ready and we were ready for brunch. I can't remember the name of this restaurant.

We all enjoyed our meals. The one in the top left is mine, nutella and hazlenut filled French Toast with strawberries and two rashers of crispy bacon. Top right was my sister-in-law's meal, waffles with strawberries and cream. Bottom left was my brother-in-law's meal, huevos rancheros, and to its right, Gregg's beef tostadas with scrambled eggs and a small dish of black beans. We all enjoyed them.
Later we went to a Best Buy around the corner and bought a replacement camera card, plus reader. (This reader works. The last one must have been faulty.) I also popped into a greeting card store and bought a few cards to send out.
That big dome is a pizza oven.

Gregg found his beef jerky.
A musician was selling CD's.
He enjoyed it too.

Another little darling enjoying the music.
I have never tried raw milk before.

Here's Gregg's sister buying cherries. We enjoyed tasting them that evening. You can see by those empty baskets that they were selling fast.

If we hadn't have been going to the restaurant, I may have stopped by here.

Or here.

There were also other restaurants trying to entise people inside.
These grabbed my attention.

With so much to see, it seemed like no time at all before our table was ready and we were ready for brunch. I can't remember the name of this restaurant.

We all enjoyed our meals. The one in the top left is mine, nutella and hazlenut filled French Toast with strawberries and two rashers of crispy bacon. Top right was my sister-in-law's meal, waffles with strawberries and cream. Bottom left was my brother-in-law's meal, huevos rancheros, and to its right, Gregg's beef tostadas with scrambled eggs and a small dish of black beans. We all enjoyed them.
Later we went to a Best Buy around the corner and bought a replacement camera card, plus reader. (This reader works. The last one must have been faulty.) I also popped into a greeting card store and bought a few cards to send out.
And now we are back at their home and sitting outside, relaxing on their comfy chairs, listening to Irish folk music, with a wonderfully restorative cool breeze gently providing a soothing balm for my sunburnt forehead. I didn' realize the other day on the boat, even though I sat in a shady spot, the wind and the salt spray had its effect. I will be peeling for days.
5.53 p.m. Gregg has gone up to the store with his sister and I am still sitting outside in the garden. Brother-in-law knows I enjoy opera and I am listening to Rene Fleming over the loudspeakers. He is very kind as I am the only one who enjoys opera here. I have been given a cider and I am blissfully sleepy with these favorite pieces being sung by one of my favorite opera singers.
It is now after midnight. We spent the evening outside. The table has a covered fire pit in the center. The coals were lit and I loved the warmth as the evening got cooler. I enjoyed listening to everyone's conversation. Our meal tonight - cheeseburgers cooked on the barbecue. It was a lovely evening.
Monday, May 1st, 2017
I have stayed around the house all day, catching up on my blog. Gregg and his sister enjoyed a couple of trips to various stores.
8.42 p.m. We have just finished a delicious meal. No pictures. Sister-in-law cooked shrimp and scallops with asparagus, corn and red peppers in a lovely sauce. In another bowl there were three different types of sliced sausages in another tasty sauce, and sauteed bok choy. She is an excellent cook. We also had a glass of red wine. Listening to Gregg telling about his experiences on his two year exchange tour with the British Navy in the early 70s was a lot of fun, one story I had never heard before. A very pleasant dinner indeed, not only because of the delicious meal prepared for us, but for the company also.

















0 Yorumlar